Key Requirements and Attributes:
- Must continually be able to kneel, squat, stand, and lift loads up to 70lbs.
- Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal hearing for diagnostics and troubleshooting equipment.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires entering repair information into a computerized repair system.
- Requires maintaining a professional appearance with required Clay’s uniform policy.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours if needed as required to meet customer needs.
- Must be willing to work as a team.
- Primary Responsibility- Diagnosing and repairing of all power equipment in a timely manner, with a continuous record of improved efficiency, obtaining a minimum 75% monthly efficiency with less than 5% comebacks, and ensuring customer satisfaction and shop profitability.
- Maintain a neat and orderly personal workspace and bench, and assist in keeping the entire shop orderly and clean.
- Attend training schools as required.
- Continually learn from online resources, books, and manufacturer webinars, to improve efficiency and grow personally.
- Responsible for obtaining industry certifications and manufacturer certifications that are outlined in Clay’s Bonus Program.
- Perform all repairs following Clay’s policies and procedures as well as manufacturer’s troubleshooting procedures.
- Observe all safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions immediately, and use equipment and tools within guidelines of the manufacturer.
- Continually investing in tools needed to repair at a minimum 75% monthly efficiency.
- Responsible for studying and completing required modules each month in Clay’s ongoing training program.
- Attend department and store meetings as required.
- Begin each day with a positive attitude.
- Responsible for the repair of all power equipment that is assigned within the time parameters as established by Clay’s flat rate times, working to achieve a minimum 75% efficiency.
- Responsible for clocking in and out of every repair action item so that the actual time of repair is recorded on Service Worksheet.
- Responsible for looking up parts using PartSmart and manufacturers websites to obtain parts quickly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for calling customers on all diagnostic repairs, explaining to the customer the repair needed, and getting approval from the customer before repairing.
- Responsible for ordering the correct parts for equipment that is being repaired, and not ordering parts until customer has approved repair.
- Responsible for the continuous review of all service jobs being worked on, checking daily on parts that have not come in with parts department.
- Personally responsible for every shop job that is assigned including diagnosing, repair approvals from customers, and communication with customer during the entire repair process.
- Responsible for completely filling out Service Worksheet with correct information and notes as required, adequate explanation of repairs performed with actual repair times per action item, (using sets if available), and turning in all shop jobs promptly when finished.
Full Job Description for Service Technician